It's hard to believe 2020 is coming to a close. We acknowledge that 2020 has been difficult for many both personally and professionally, and while like many others, the print industry experienced significant challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it has also accelerated new opportunities for print service providers using production inkjet technology. Here is a taste of what we heard in 2020 around inkjet printing:
- Inkjet share (of letter-size pages) is projected to grow from ~10% of the market to ~20% through 2024, while offset share declines and toner share declines, then remains relatively flat
- Inkjet (continuous feed and cut sheet) enables less waste with micro-runs/short-runs at a productivity level to meet output of demand that toner-based devices don't have capacity to accomplish
- Demand for high-quality, lower cost cut sheet inkjet will result in more sheet-fed entrants in the market, outperforming continuous feed inkjet growth over the next several years
- Digital print enables cost-effective personalization for direct mail, which when executed effectively results in greater ROI than advertising solely via digital channels
- Expect continued inkjet R&D from OEMs into higher speed, higher ink coverage & higher quality
In a note of gratitude, we want to say Thanks! to our valued OEM partners - Canon Solutions America, HP Inc., Eastman Kodak & SCREEN Americas - for their support of and contributions to The Digital Dish throughout the year. We look forward to bringing a refreshed format and exciting new content to the table in 2021! Happy Holidays from us to you and yours!
The Accent Opaque Team